You can also get into Lao by land from China, Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia. Tourists can pass the border at the following Entry Points:
- From Vietnam :
- Taichang Dien Bien province - Sobhoun, Phongsaly Province (no visa on arrival).
- Nameo, Thanh Hoa province - Banleui Huaphanh Province.
- Namkan Nge An province - Namkan, Xieng Khouang Province.
- Keoneua, Ha tinh province - Nampao Lak Sao Bolikhamxay Province.
- Napao, Quangbinh province - Chalo, Khammouane Province (no visa on arrival).
- Laobao, Quang tri - Dansavanh, Savannakhet Province.
- From Cambodia :
- Dong Calor - Veun Kham, Champasak Province.
- From Thailand :
- Chiangkhong, Chiang Rai province – Houixay, Bokeo Province.
- Nakaxeng, Loei province - Kaenthao, Sayabouly Province.
- Nongkhay - Friendship Bridge , Nongkhay - Vientiane Capital.
- Bungkan - Pakxan, Nongkhay-Bolikhamxay Province (no visa on arrival).
- Nakorn Phanom - Thakhaek, Nakorn Phanom - Khammouane Province( by ferry)
- Moukdahan - Savannakhet, crossing the Mekong River by boat.
- Chongmek Ubol Ratchathani province - Vangtao, Champasack Province.
Arrival by Train: Although there is currently no rail connection to Laos yet, an extension of the Bangkok - Nong Khai railway is planned and a line from Vientiane to Nong Khai is scheduled to start operating in near future.
- From China :
- Bohan Yunnan province - Botene , Luang Namtha Province .
- Xiangkok river port on Mekong River in Luang Namtha Province (no visa on arrival).
Arrival by Boat: From Kunming or Xishuangbanna, China, it is possible to travel by boat through the Mekong river straight to Xiangkok river port on Mekong River in Luang Namtha Province (no visa on arrival).